Champagne Jewellery Wearing Memories present Decadent Moments Collection at London Fashion Week
After launching her jewellery house at London Fashion Week in 2014 on the runway, Kiron Barui this season presented her new range, Decadent Moments, at an exclusive interactive exhibition with Fashion International.
Guests were greeted with a glass of champagne, the drink that is at the core of this jewellery house and it’s unique designs, while having the chance to view past collections from Wearing Memories before the choreographed show began.
Based on the ticking of a clock, models draped in Wearing Memories moved around the hours emphasizing the inspiration of this collection, that life is too short and we all need to savour the moments that make life special.
The collection uses the decadent era of the 1920’s as its inspiration, a time when people loved life following the tragedy of the First World War, having seen the worse of humanity the 1920’s was an era that celebrated the wonder of being alive and enjoying and experiencing all life had to offer.
This collection uses long streams of pearls and chains that can be worn in many different ways making the pieces of this collection multi functional as to their use. Pearls included fresh water white, pink, soft gold, soft silver and black in single colour combinations or mixed for a more dramatic effect. This collection also saw for the first time the use of dark rhodium and gold, all these pieces are made from sterling silver and plated with high quality rhodium plating or gold plating. The gemstones within the collection are based on the colours of diamonds from pink diamonds to the more unusual black diamonds that give a very decadent aesthetic to the collection. Featured n this collection were detached cuffs that can be worn without a shirt, these were a direct inspiration from the 1920’s and the fabrics used were Chanel Tweed, Valentino Silk and a variety of fabrics from Founding Fashion Houses of the 20’s.
As an amazing philanthropist, Kiron included in this collection intricate butterfly pieces, these are designed around the charity work Kiron does back in her home country of Australia. Supporting cancer charities is very important to Kiron, and these pieces are a memento to those events and memories with the caps featured in these pieces all from bottles drunk at the benefits and galas Kiron supports.
Everyone loves a little decadence in their life; Decadent Moments from Wearing Memories is the perfect collection for men and women who have a love for life (and champagne)!
Notes to Editors
- Wearing Memories is a jewellery label owned and designed by champagne enthusiast Kiron Barui. The jewellery houses the caps from champagne bottles, which are interchangeable so you can wear the memory of your special event again and again.
- All Wearing Memories jewellery are designed and manufactured wholly in Australia.
- Wearing Memories is available online and at selected retailers, if you are interesting in stocking them please visit wearingmemories.com
- The headpieces used in this exhibition were made by Australian Milliner Cindy Vogels of The Devoted Milliner using faux leather and feathers.
- Wearing Memories would like to thank House of CCUOCO for using their jewellery in their London Fashion Week runway collection Persephone at Fashion Scout.
- For more information about Wearing Memories, please contact LadyCPR on [email protected]